Characteristics of Faith in Action Evanston volunteers:
- Sincerely interested in working with vulnerable neighbors, elderly and of any age.
- Patient and reliable.
- Respects and helps people from diverse backgrounds.
- A good listener.
- Sensitive to persons and families coping with chronic illness and disabilities.
- Friendly, open, flexible, able to meet others on their own terms, and a good listener.
- Able to understand and adapt to different cultural, racial, sexual, spiritual,
and intellectual needs of others.
- Able to recognize fears and limitations.
- Feels that Faith in Action Evanston's mission is worthwhile
and consistent with their own personal beliefs.
- Able to say "no."
Please note: There is no hourly requirement for volunteers - you may volunteer as much or as little as best suits your situation and interests.
Volunteers may be of any faith tradition, or of no faith tradition.
Questions about becoming a Faith in Action volunteer may
be directed to Linda at, 1-847-901-7499
Click HERE to send
an e-mail to Harriet
Click HERE to download and print
the Faith in Action Evanston volunteer application
form (PDF), be signed and faxed or mailed or brought to the next training session.
Click HERE to print
the Faith in Action Evanston Volunteer Agreement -
which may then be faxed or mailed.
to review the Faith in Action Evanston VOLUNTEER POLICIES.